Project Officer (Inclusion)
Project Officer (Inclusion)
PROJECT OFFICER (INCLUSION) EFL House, Preston
35 hours per week. This post will involve some travel, as well as occasional evening and weekend working including some overnight stays.
£25,000 per annum
Reporting to the Inclusion Manager, The Project Officer (Inclusion) will be responsible for the delivery and compliance of the Inclusion and Anti-Discrimination Action Plan. Supporting and advising Member Clubs on all aspects of the plan, including the development and delivery of central inclusion initiatives. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following essential requirements:
- Significant and current experience of developing equality and diversity initiatives, and implementing equality and diversity strategies within a large organisation.
- A degree/equivalent or significant relevant professional experience managing projects or programmes.
- Experience of leading and/or managing several projects simultaneously.
- Ability to translate strategy into practical, people focussed, operational delivery and give professional support and direction to others.
- An understanding of equality legislation and equality initiatives in sport, in particular to the knowledge of inclusion and Anti-Discrimination programmes, pathways and initiatives being delivered by EFL and other football bodies e.g. The Football Association, Premier League, Professional Footballers Association and League Managers Association.
- Ability to present complex issues clearly and simply, in writing and orally, including writing reports, delivering presentations, training etc.
- Experienced in analysing quantitative and qualitative data and developing key findings and actions, with the ability to research, analyse and filter information into strategic reports.
- Aptitude to initiate and manage change with proven ability to provide guidance, support and think innovatively to create solutions.
- Excellent communication, persuading/ negotiating and networking skills, face-to-face and digitally.
- Ability to develop and maintain working relationships at all levels, including difficult and challenging circumstances.
- Ability to organise and prioritise work and display excellent organisational skills, ability to multi-task, prioritise and manage own workload amid conflicting demands and deadlines.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and remain calm under pressure and with limited supervision at times.
The role is based in modern, purpose built offices with private parking in the centre of Preston. The office is a 5 minute walk from Preston Rail Station.
- Generous Company Pension Scheme
- Opt-in private healthcare
- 23 days holiday (plus 8 bank holidays), rising to 25 days after 5 years. Holiday year commences 1st January.
Closing Date: Friday 10th November 2017