GLL is looking for Swimming Teachers for our leisure centres based in Manchester.
Building on our continued growth, we're now the UK's largest leisure social enterprise - and set for even greater success. So, if you have the qualifications and training needed to teach people of all ages and abilities how to swim, join us as a Swimming Teacher and play a key role in the next step of our journey. Bringing ambition to match ours, this is your chance to deliver safe, consistent swimming lessons that give people real confidence in the water - and an invaluable life skill.
As an experienced Swimming Teacher, you'll thrive on supporting people to achieve their potential. Taking a pupil's nature and needs into account, you'll draw on your knowledge of practices, progression and teaching points - and apply it in the most effective way. Naturally, there'll be some administration involved, but rest assured that almost all of your time will be spent doing what you do best - teaching and coaching people to become stronger swimmers, whether in a group or one-to-one and from babies to adults.
We're looking for Swimming Teachers with
- A minimum level 1 - 2 certificate
- Knowledge of the Swim England Learn to Swim Programme for teaching swimming skills, techniques and awards
- Ideally the National Rescue Award for Swimming Teachers & Coaches
- Knowledge of health, safety and other relevant legislation will be vital too
- An understanding of Child Protection Policy
- Plus of course, you'll need to be approachable, with the friendly, patient nature needed to build people's trust, motivate pupils and encourage with praise.
In return, we offer
- Discounted membership at our leisure centres
- Career pathways
- Ongoing training and development
If you have the passion and skills for this role, apply now at https://my.corehr.com/pls/gllrecruit/erq_jobspec_d...
Closing date: 31st January 2018
All pay rates are subject to skills, experience, qualifications, age and location.
About Us: GLL is the UK’s largest leisure provider and one of the first and largest leisure social enterprises. Our aim is to get more people, more active, more of the time whilst making leisure and community facilities accessible and affordable. We partner with local authorities to run leisure centres, swimming pools, libraries, children’s centres, spas, events spaces and world-class sporting venues such as the Copper Box Arena and London Aquatics Centre on the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park - all under our Better brand. As a not-for-profit organisation, we’re different. Passionate about seeing our communities thrive, we invest back into our facilities, projects and people and are an Investors in People Silver Award employer.
GLL is an equal opportunities employer.