Wallop Cricket Coach
Wallop Cricket Coach
The former England Cricket Captain, Michael Vaughan had become increasingly concerned with the cost of cricket to families across the country so set up Wallop! Wallop’s broad aim is to offer a more affordable option for parents wanting to encourage their children to play cricket. It will offer coaching and equipment that means young cricketers have an early passage into the sport without their parents being put off by costs.
During the summer of 2017 we will be running Wallop Zones. They will be 4 or 5-day coaching courses for 7-12 year olds at schools in London, Manchester, Birmingham and Leeds. The dates of the Wallop Zones coincide with the England match in that city.
We are looking for qualified cricket coaches to work on this brand new programme over the summer period at the following venues:
Cedar Mount Academy, M18 7DT from 31st July - 4th August
East Garforth Primary School, LS25 2HF from 21st - 25th August
A typical day ....
- Deliver a variety of coaching sessions prior to the Wallop Zone with support from our curriculum or by using your own expertise
- Deliver high quality coaching sessions based on age and ability, throughout each day
- Ensure every child is enjoying themselves at all times & generate a great Wallop Zone atmosphere through fun, enjoyment and respect, maintaining high levels of safety throughout
- Work together in your team to get all equipment set up for a great day of coaching to begin
- Always welcome each parent and child in a professional and friendly manner
- Wallop Zones run from 10am – 3pm , you will be required to start working earlier than 10am each day, with the rest day being the earliest due to set up time.
- Respond to incidents and/or emergencies in line with company policy
- Adhere to Wallop’s brand standards
- Dress and act according to Wallop’s policy at all times
- Carry out any other reasonable tasks required
Wages and Benefits
- You can earn between £240 - £400 per week (pro rata) depending on your age, qualifications and experience
We can also offer:
- Flexible job opportunities to suit your availability
- The opportunity to gain meaningful coaching experience
- IIRSM approved training
We are looking for coaches that:
- Are outgoing and enjoy working with children between the ages of 5 - 16
- Have great communication skills
- Have a positive & hard working attitude towards their work
- Are team players that are always willing to help out whenever needed
- Hold a valid DBS certificate – Activate can split the cost if you need one processing
- Have a right to work in the UK
Our coaches will also have the following qualifications and skills:
- An ECB Certificate in Coaching Children’s Cricket or Coach Support Worker qualification
- The capability to differentiate coaching sessions and drills
- Demonstrate excellent behaviour and group management skills
Wallop are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our attendees. A Wallop coach must follow Wallop’s safeguarding and child protection policies and procedures at all times.If you would like to work for Activate you will need to complete quick and easy online application, which is found at http://www.activatecamps.co.uk/work-for-us/
Alternatively, you can e-mail email@example.com for more details of any of the vacancies we have.