GreaterSport is committed to promoting the safety, welfare and equality of children, young people and adults at risk engaged in sporting activities locally.
It aims to contribute to safeguarding children, young people and adults at risk by:
- Committing to the Child Protection in Sport Unit’s (CPSU) Safeguarding Framework.
- Implementing and demonstrating best safeguarding practice when core staff, volunteers or others are providing services, activities and programmes for children, young people and adults at risk
- Requiring those individuals or organisations that are funded or commissioned to provide any services for children and young people to effectively address safeguarding requirements
- Maximising its influence to promote safeguarding practice and principles within its wider partnership roles and relationships
- Providing parents and guardians with information on how parents can choose the right sports club for their child, to ensure they have the most positive experience within sport.
- Organising Safeguarding and Protecting Children courses for coaches to attend, to ensure that your club complies with current policies and procedures to ensure the safety of your participants. Please see our courses page for upcoming courses.
You can read our Safeguarding policy here. You can also request full copies of our policy and procedures if you wish.
Please see the pink download section on the right hand side of this page, for a range of resources that are available. Including local contacts if you are concerned about a child.
Guidance for Parents
The CPSU have created the video below called ‘My Magic Sports Kit’ involving children describing how the behaviour or parents & spectators affects their experience of sport.
Guidance for Clubs
Is your organisation doing everything it could be to keep children and young people safe in sport? The CPSU have developed an online self-assessment tool which will help you find out.
Development Manager (Business Operations)
M: 07793 837083