Including Disabled Young People
Sainsbury Active Kids for All
Free training and resources, helping teachers and school staff learn how to provide high-quality PE for all young people. Click here for further information.
Free online resource for schools developed by the YST in partnership with NGBs. It aims to;
- Provide physical activity and sport options for young people with high support needs;
- Create a vehicle for the inclusion of disabled and non-disabled young people together;
- Provide a basic introduction to a wide range of sports and activities in support of the School Games programme
Resource consists of video clips and downloadable content showing ideas and strategies around the inclusion of young disabled people in physical activity. 14 sports are currently included with more being added. Click here to find out more.
Aims to increase number of young disabled pupils taking part in competitive sport. Project Ability is delivered as part of the School Games, and includes:
- Bespoke training, developed by the YST, to provide local advice and guidance to School Games Organisers and host schools;
- The establishment and implementation of even more local competitive opportunities for young disabled people; and the development of school club activities.
Click here to find out more.
Supporting disabled and SEN children in PE and school sport
Free impairment specific fact sheets for coaches and teachers working with disabled and SEN children. The factsheets serve to upskill coaches and sport developer and raise awareness around specific impairment groups. They provide general information so should only be used as a reference point. Click here to download the factsheets.