The Satellite Club Application Process is open! Please access the online training before you complete the application form.
Satellite clubs are local sport and physical activity clubs that are designed around the needs of young people and provide them with positive, enjoyable experiences that make it easy for them to become active or to develop more regular activity habits.
Supported by or linked to a local community sports club or physical activity opportunity (The Hub), satellite clubs should be designed in such a way that they respond to the specific demands for sport from young people and should be positioned to support young people at points of disruption in their lives.
Satellite clubs should also be designed to help shape the way in which existing sport and physical activity providers tailor their offer to meet the different motivations and needs of young people, particularly those who are less active or at risk of falling out of sport.
Understanding what is important to young people and what their needs and wishes are is the first step when developing a satellite club opportunity. Satellite clubs should then be designed to meet those needs and provide a positive, fun experience, giving young people the confidence to take part.
- Who is this Funding for?
- Any Club, youth group or organisation working with young people aged 14-19. The core audience among this age group being those who are inactive or generally less active on a regular basis.
- What is a Satellite Club?
- Open to all Young People
- Run Regularly (at least once a week)
- Run by or supported by a local community club/coach/volunteers
- Fun, Flexible session to encourage more young People to attend.
For more information on what a Satellite Club is please download the guidance document found on the right hand side of this page.
- How do I apply for Satellite Club Funding?
- Complete modules 1 and 2 of our online training before completing your application form.
- Download the application form to the right of the page or complete using this link
- First phase closing date: 24th November 2017
- Already a Satellite Club?
- Click here to enter your blog for the month for a chance to win some sporting prizes
- For further details contact
Development Officer (Children & Young People)
M: 07889 094865