Free Safeguarding in Sport Event
Date16th May 2017
We all share responsibility for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people especially in the world of sport, because all children have the right to participate in sport in a safe and enjoyable environment.
Unfortunately, as more and more instances of sexual abuse are uncovered, we know that this is not always the case.
The football abuse scandal has highlighted historical gaps in child protection that could make children vulnerable to being abused in sports settings.
There are a number of events taking place in the week beginning 19th June that is targeting anyone who has an interest within local sports clubs. With events covering;
- Safeguarding policies
- DBS checks
- How to spot the signs of CSE (Child Sexual Exploitation)
- Contact details for organisations that can help.
The events are organised by local councils in partnership with Project Phoenix and are as follows;
- Tuesday 20th June, 6 -
- Wednesday 21st June, 5.30 - 8.30pm at Curzon Ashton FC, Tameside. More details or book on by emailing email@example.com.
- Wednesday 21st June, 6-8pm at City Football Academy, Manchester. More details or book on by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Wednesday 21st June, 6 - 8pm at Harrop Fold High School, Salford. More details or book on by emailing email@example.com.
- Thursday 22nd June, 3.30 - 6.30pm at Manchester United Football Ground. More details or book on by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Thursday 22nd June, 6 - 8pm at Hotel Football, Salford. More details or book on by emailing email@example.com.
These free event are open to all community sports groups including parents and we encourage all who work in the field to register their attendance.