Community Inclusion Coach
Community Inclusion Coach
Sharks Community Trust is looking for a new part-time coach to join its award-winning In The Pack programme to work on a range of disability and inclusion projects including Sharks on Wheels, Inclusive Tag Rugby, Mixed Ability Rugby and Walking Rugby. There may also be the opportunity to work on a range of other programmes including rugby camps and the schools programme. The post will mainly involve evening and weekend work.
Hours: 18 hours per week (minimum)
Salary: £16,000 p.a. (pro rata)
Reports to: Disability and Inclusion Manager
Closing date: 27th July 2018
Interview date: 2nd August 2018
- To work with the Disability and Inclusion Manager to deliver all aspects of the Disability and Inclusive Rugby Programmes, including but not restricted to: Sharks on Wheels, Inclusive Tag Rugby, Mixed Ability Rugby and Walking Rugby.
- To plan and deliver high quality sessions to a range of participants with varying abilities, needs and demands in a variety of different environments. This may include SEND students in both mainstream and special schools & colleges, impairment specific sessions and mixed ability adult community groups.
- To work with the Disability & Inclusion Manager to promote the Disability & Inclusive Rugby Programme to educational establishments to encourage them purchase curriculum time programmes to complement and expand their current physical education offering.
- To assist the Disability & Inclusion Manager to monitor and evaluate all aspects of the Disability & Inclusive Rugby Programme delivery, which includes completing VIEWS (the M&E tool used by the Trust), questionnaires and case studies.
- To assist with all media and communication aspects of the programme including developing media releases to ensure key funders are receiving adequate recognition regarding their support to the Disability & Inclusive Rugby Programme.
- To help create and establish strong relationships with stakeholders to develop links with grassroots clubs to allow individuals the opportunity to progress within community sport participation.
- To follow all Trust policies and procedures. This includes ensuring the safeguarding of young people and vulnerable adults is at the forefront of all we do and ensuring the health and safety of all participants taking part in Sharks Community Trust activities. This includes completing risk assessments and complying with all aspects of Sharks Community Trust policies and practices.
- Plan and co-ordinate awareness sessions at Sale Sharks home matches to build awareness of the Trust Disability & Inclusive Rugby Programme. Plan and co-ordinate community events for the Disability & Inclusive Rugby Programme for the specific project delivery.
- To work with Sharks Community Trust staff on school holiday Rugby Camps and Rugby Development Days to deliver high quality rugby sessions in line with the Trust’s player centred and game based coaching philosophy. This may include residential rugby delivery.
- To assist in other areas of Sharks Community Trust, including delivery of other Trust programmes, such as match day activities and schools’ programmes.
The post will involve working regular evenings and weekends to meet the Disability & Inclusive Rugby Programme needs.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications and experience:
- Minimum of RFU Level 2 coaching award
- Experience of delivering disability specific sporting provision
- Experience of delivering rugby sessions to a variety of ages and abilities
- Experience of working with underrepresented groups of people in sport and physical activity
- An enthusiastic and committed individual who will ‘go the extra mile’ to deliver results
- Good organisation and time management skills • Excellent communication and motivation skills
- Willingness to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends
- Driving license and access to own vehicle
- An ability to inspire others
- Coaching Disabled People Award
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Coach development qualification
- Additional qualifications related to disability sport
- Experience of developing and maintaining working relationships with stakeholders in other organisations
- Experience of securing project funding through a variety of sources.
Please send a CV and covering letter detailing relevant experience and how you meet the person specification to Alison Warwood firstname.lastname@example.org detailing the position you are applying for in the subject header