Local Pilot Officer
Local Pilot Officer
The Local Pilot is part of a national programme, instigated and principally funded by Sport England, and is the largest of 12 three year pilots in England. It is an intrinsic part of the health and social care transformation programme in Greater Manchester, including the Population Health Plan and the wider GM Moving Plan.
Specifically, the Local Pilot aims to accelerate progress with three audiences:
- Children and young people aged 5-18 in out-of-school settings.
- People out of work, and people in work but at risk of becoming workless.
- People aged 40-60 with, or at risk of, long term conditions: specifically cancer, cardiovascular disease and respiratory disorders.
Additionally, the cross-cutting themes across each audience will focus on mental health and wellbeing, inactive people and reducing inequalities.
Key Outcomes and Tasks of the Post
The officer will work with the Local Pilot team, GM Moving and wider partners across Greater Manchester and nationally to:
- Assist with the development and implementation of the Greater Manchester Local Pilot, taking direct responsibility for administrative and project support.
- Effectively support change management by working with relevant programme teams and key stakeholders.
- Provide a marketing, campaigns and engagement support function across the Local Pilot.
- Support and develop the workforce transformation area of work within the pilot, effectively organising and administrating a calendar of workshops and events on a needs led basis.
Please download the Person Specification below for full details.
To apply you should submit the following:
- A current CV outlining your career history and current salary.
- Cover note (Maximum 1,000 words) demonstrating your experiences and skills against the person specification
Please send your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Friday 31st May 2019, 5pm
Interview Date: Thursday 13th June 2019
For further information contact Jane Gardiner (Local Pilot Programme Manager) email: email@example.com tel: 07726 902 889