Mental Health Support
The Government's Department of Health advises that one in four of us will experience mental ill health at some point in our lives. It is therefore important that employers and their staff take steps to promote positive mental health and support those experiencing mental ill health.
Mind provide support and advice to empower anyone experiencing a mental health problem. They campaign to improve services, raise awareness and promote understanding.
Mind can provide training and support to employers and employees. Whether you are an employee looking to start or develop your mental health policy for staff or you are an employee looking for mental health advice.
Mind can help and support by providing:
- Mental Health at Work
- Workplace Wellbeing Index
- Training and Consultancy
- Corporate Partnerships
- Influence and Participation Toolkit
This free and confidential service, delivered by Remploy and funded by the Department for Work and Pensions is available to any employees with depression, anxiety, stress or other mental health issues affecting their work.
Remploy specialist advisers provide:
- Tailored work-focused mental health support for six months
- Suitable coping strategies
- A support plan to keep them in, or return to work
- Ideas for workplace adjustments to help them fulfil their role
- Practical advice to support those with a mental health condition.
So far, Remploy have supported over 11,000 people across Britain, with a 93 per cent success rate of people retaining their employment after six months.