3 hour interactive-style training
Our workshops encourage group discussion, with a strong emphasis on practical application, complemented with power point presentations and written resources.
On completion of this workshop you will:
- Have basic knowledge of National UK Physical Activity guidelines for Under 5’s which are becoming part of the EYFS curriculum.
- Understand the importance of physical activity and active play in the learning and development of young children
- Be able to promote physical activity using actions and games suitable for Under 5’s
- Be able to adapt your environment to enable opportunities for physical activity
- Incorporate and relate physical development in all areas of the EYFS
“Thank you so much for the resources and info, and for the early years course that you delivered. Each individual member of staff has commented on how useful and insightful they found the course”. Olivia Loughlin, Health Officer, City in the Community.
Bespoke Workforce Development
Whatever the need of your team, your setting or your local authority we can work with you to design the right training for you. You may have identified a need that you would like to address; perhaps you know the children in your setting aren’t moving enough and would like to design a programme to upskill your team in promoting opportunities to move more, play more and be more active; you may be looking at the results of the 2 year old Integrated Review and wondering how you can design, deliver and evaluate a Physical Activity Pathway for your children showing delays in Physical Development, or you may be running a Sports Coaching programme and would like help with adapting it to suit under 5s. Whatever your need, get in touch with us and we can work on a solution together.
“I would like to thank you for input into the managers meeting, it gave me a real understanding of how important physical development is and an understanding of the role of the development star. Your enthusiasm is definitely infectious.” Andrea Burton, Nursery Manager, Strawberry Hill Nursery Telford.
GreaterSport & Quality4EarlyYears Conference