The primary outcomes of the Active Ageing programme are:
- To support inactive older people (aged 55+) to achieve at least 30 minutes of moderate intensity physical activity per week, and
- Build the evidence base about this diverse group in terms of their behaviours and attitudes, how they should be targeted and what approaches do and don’t work.
In order to achieve these outcomes, we will be training both volunteers and the workforce in the following key areas:
- The use of Asset Based Community Development (ABCD) approaches
- Co-production of solutions with communities (participatory approaches)
- Frontline workforces will hold person and community strength based conversations
- The behaviour change theory will be applied to programmes to enable change