School/Service - Sports Development
Office Location - Armitage Sports Centre, Fallowfield, Manchester
Contract Type - Service Level Agreement
Grade - £3,000 to £3,250 (dependent on experience)
Hours - Training: Sunday’s Afternoon (1.5 hours), Thursday Evening (1 hour) + Wednesday afternoon game-day’s (TBC based on fixtures)
Duration of Coaching - September 2019 to March 2020 (22 weeks of delivery)
Main Duties & Responsibilities
• Deliver an effective coaching programme that helps improve the performance of the Men’s Football Club and delivers a first class experience for the playing members.
• Lead sessions (fulfilling the 1st team coach position in most instances unless otherwise agreed); oversee all coaching of the club including delegation of tasks to additional coaches where appropriate.
• Attend and manage BUCS fixtures of the 1st team or assist another club team in the event of no 1st team fixture. This requires availability on Wednesday afternoons.
• Assist the Club and team captains (and other coaches where appropriate) to select playing squads and maintain transparent selection processes and pathways between squads. This will require attendance at trials.
• Assist in recruiting students to engage with coaching opportunities, providing opportunities where appropriate to coach within the club. • Mentor other coaches within the club, and offer support where appropriate to members who wish to undertake coaching qualifications or opportunities within the Coaching Pathway.
• Provide regular information and status reports, as agreed with the Football Development Officer and Coach and Club Development Coordinator, on team and club performance and progress.
• Record player attendance at all training sessions and games.
• Work closely with the Football Development Officer and committee members to assist with the development of the men’s game at The University of Manchester.
• To ensure all sessions comply with Health and Safety and work within an equal opportunities framework. Application Process Please download and complete the application form found on this job posting.
If you're passionate and proactive with great experience, then this role as a Aerobics Instructor at Sugden Sports Centre in Manchester is for you.
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and hardworking individual to the role of Catering Supervisor at Active Medlock.
The Lifestyle Coach will support disabled people, and those around them, to lead healthy, active lives through increasing access and opportunities to social, physical and exercise-based activity in mainstream environments. The Lifestyle Support will do this through person-centred support, action planning and providing good connections into activities, opportunities and services available locally.