The Greater Manchester School Games is part of a national programme that aims to harness the power of the Olympics and Paralympics, to motivate and inspire young people to participate and compete in high-quality competition within and across schools.
As part of our new Volunteer and leadership programme for 2017/18 academic year, GreaterSport is supporting students aged 16-25 to develop themselves in the field of leadership.
We are now recruiting volunteers to support and assist with the delivery of the Greater Manchester Summer School Games on Friday 6th July 2018. Volunteers will be responsible for supporting the delivery of one of the following competitions:
- Year 7 & Year 7/8 Inclusive Quadkids
- Year 3/4 Mini Tennis
- Under 13 & Under 16 Goalball
- Primary Boccia & New Age Kurling
- Secondary Inclusive Indoor Rowing
- Year 5/6 High Five Netball
- Under 10s and Under 13s Girls Football
- Primary Tri Golf
- Year 5/6 & 7/8 Dodgeball
- Under 13 Tag Rugby Union
- Year 5/6 Rounders
- Year 7/8/9 Softball
Volunteers are now able to apply to gain experience at events with the following roles on offer:
- Setting up of competition
- Registration of participants
- Assisting the deliverer
- Conducting participant survey's and case studies
- *Umpiring- only applicable for Netball competition, must be qualified and have experience, please state this on your application form.
To apply for this role please read the full role description document and fill out the application form which can be found on the right-hand side.
Development Officer (CYP)