The Greater Manchester School Games is one of the largest events of its kind in the Country, in 2016/2017 it captured the imagination of over 7000 athletes, 460 school teams and over 400 young volunteers at the Level 3 events, with a further 130,000+ participants at Level 2 events. And the 2017/2018 events will be even bigger!
Split across two multi-Sport events; the ‘Winter’ and ‘Summer’ Games; as well as a further 45 ‘Stand Alone’ competitions, this exciting concept aims to further revive the culture of competitive sport in schools and is a key part of the Government’s plans for a lasting sporting legacy from hosting the London 2012 Games.
The competition runs across three distinct, but integrated levels providing young people with the opportunity to compete in local intra (Level 1) and inter (Level 2) school competition, culminating in County Festival (Level 3) that will showcase the very best of competitive sport in Greater Manchester.
- Level 3 – Greater Manchester School Games
(Winter, Summer & Stand Alone Games)
- Level 2 – Inter-school competition
- Level 1 – Intra-school competition
In true Olympic and Paralympic style, the events reflect the traditions of the Cultural Olympiad and begin with an Opening Ceremony featuring a wide variety of dance, music and artistic performances.
The events are managed by the Greater Manchester Sports Partnership (on behalf of the Local Organising Committee) and take place in many of Manchester’s world class sporting facilities.
Your sponsorship will:
- Make a real and lasting difference to young people’s lives across Greater Manchester
- Demonstrate your commitment to supporting Greater Manchester residents
- Give your organisation exposure to a network of proactive people within the Greater Manchester business and sporting community
- Allow you to play your part in helping identify sporting talent that might otherwise be missed
- Motivate and enthuse young people; supporting them in achieving their own personal best in sport and in life.
- Provide a positive experience for young people in sport helping them to lead a healthier active lifestyle.
We are happy to tailor your package to suit your company’s needs and objectives. We would be happy to discuss the packages outlined in the Sponsorship document (right hand of the page) and make any amendments and additions to suit your requirements.
Development Manager (Activity)
M: 07841 776470