What are the Greater Manchester Sports Awards?
The Greater Manchester Sports Awards recognise incredible achievements and dedication towards physical activity and sport across the County.
The 10 boroughs of Greater Manchester hold their own awards and the winners are invited to the Greater Manchester event where the Greater Manchester champions will be crowned.
When are the 2018 Awards?
The annual Greater Manchester Sports Awards will return for its 18th year on Friday 16th November at The Point, Emirates Old Trafford. The evening will include a 3-course meal as well as awards and special guests.
Who is recognised at the event?
This is where we need your help! We aim to recognise the amazing work being done in our local area. Who's gone above and beyond or gone that extra mile, who's had their greatest sporting year to date? Who has changed their life for the better because of getting active? We want YOU to help us recognise these people by nominating them.
The categories to nominate for are;
- Changing Lifestyle Award
- Club of the Year
- Coach of the Year
- Disabled Sports Achiever of the Year
- School Commitment to PE & Sport
- Sports Achiever of the Year
- Unsung Hero
- Volunteer of the Year
If you want to recognise an achievement or thank someone for their efforts then now is the time to nominate to the local awards here.
How can I get involved?
- Nominate someone who you think deserves to be recognised for their achievements, commitment and dedication.
- Spread the word (#GMSportsAwards on social media)
- Sponsor a category at the event - without our sponsors the event would not be possible.
- Attend the event on the 16th November.
For further details contact:
Development Manager (Marketing)
M: 07740 883 083