What are inequalities?
Inequalities exist were equal opportunities are not available for all. Common inequalities are disability, social deprivation, gender and ethnicity.
Inequalities across Greater Manchester
In Greater Manchester, 26.8% of the population are inactive. However there are subsets of the population who are more likely to be inactive.
- Those with a disability are 43.9% more likely to be inactive, compared to 22.1% of non-disabled people.
- 27.9% of women and girls are inactive compared with 25.5% of men.
- People in the lowest socio-economic status groups are twice as likely to be inactive as those in the highest groups.
- People from ethnically diverse communities are more likely to be inactive.
For a more detailed picture of activity levels across Greater Manchester click here.
Our Focus Areas
- Long Term Health Conditions
- Social Inclusion through Housing Associations
- Ethnically diverse communities
- Women and girls