Following the World Health Organisation's Physical Activity Strategy for the WHO European Region 2016-2025 they have produced a document updating the progress against the priorities listed below. We have summarised the findings into the attached update summary below.
The strategy was created in light of existing voluntary global targets for the prevention and control of noncommunicable diseases 2013-2020. It focuses on physical activity being the leading factor in Health and Wellbeing: covering 5 priority areas.
1) Providing leadership and co-ordination for the promotion of physical activity
2) Supporting the development of children and adolescents
3) Promoting physical activity for all adults as part of daily life
4) Promoting physical activity among older people
5) Supporting action through monitoring, surveillance, evaluation and research
The document below summarises the updates on these priorities.
For more information on the updates please download the file below or click here for the full report.